The XpdfSplice™ library/component allows you to split and/or combine PDF files.
XpdfSplice extracts pages from input PDF documents and combines them together into output PDF documents. This process can involve any number of input files and any number of output files - for example, you can:
- split an input PDF file into one output PDF file for each page
- combine several input PDF files into a single large PDF file
- combine just the first page from each PDF file into a single PDF file
The core functionality is based on a single function: take a specified page from an input PDF file and append it to a new, output PDF file. With that single function, any combination of splitting and merging is possible.
XpdfSplice is easy to use:
- Windows: DLL
- Windows: COM component - usable from .NET, Visual Basic, Delphi, etc.
- Mac OS X: shared library
- Linux: shared library
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions available for all platforms
- other platforms: portable C++ source code for the library is available
Contact Glyph & Cog for more information, including pricing, documentation, and evaluation copies.