PDFdeconstruct™ decomposes PDF files into XML files. The XML output includes:
- text – Unicode text with font, color, and position data for each word (or each character)
- images – in PNG, TIFF, or JPEG format
- vector graphics – complete path information for fills and strokes
- form fields – with field names and values
PDFdeconstruct can be used for:
- document format conversion: convert PDF to other formats
- document analysis: examine the content on a PDF page
- complex content extraction: e.g., input to further processing based on text with position information
The PDFdeconstruct output format is described in the manual.
PDFdeconstruct is a cross-platform command-line tool, suitable for use on servers or for batch-mode processing.
- Mac OS X
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions available for all platforms
- other platforms: portable C++ source code for the library is available
See also: For conversion to plain text (instead of XML), try our XpdfText library.
Contact Glyph & Cog for more information including evaluation copies.