Glyph & Cog Announces PDF Viewer ActiveX Control
San Jose, CA - March 24, 2003 - Glyph & Cog, LLC is pleased to announce the first release of the XpdfViewer™ ActiveX control. This builds on the previous release of the XpdfViewer DLL.
The XpdfViewer ActiveX control (OCX) provides a PDF file viewer component, enabling Visual Basic developers to add PDF viewing capability to their applications. It provides the developer with full control over the PDF viewer - XpdfViewer fits into your GUI, not the other way around.
XpdfViewer is a full-featured PDF viewer. Features include:
- ability to read the latest PDF format (PDF 1.4)
- support for PDF hyperlinks
- text extraction
- text find
- region highlighting, including the ability to read highlight files generated by search engines
- CJK support - CJK fonts available for licensing
- works with Visual Basic and any other ActiveX-compatible development environment
The Xpdf 2.02 release also includes:
- the new XpdfAnalyze™ library, for examining object type and color usage in PDF files
- the XpdfInfo™ library, for PDF metadata extraction
- the XpdfText™ library, for text extraction from PDF files
About Glyph & Cog
Glyph & Cog develops software for manipulating electronic documents. The company was formed in 2002 to support and commercialize the Xpdf project. Glyph & Cog is dedicated to continuing the open source Xpdf project, as well as providing commercially licensed software. Current offerings include software libraries, components, and consulting services related to reading, viewing, and converting PDF files.