PDFtoSVG has some limitations:
- Fonts: Currently only TrueType fonts are supported. Text
using other font types will use a generic substitute font. Future
work on PDFtoSVG will include font conversion to WOFF and/or SVG fonts.
- Transparency: PDFtoSVG does not currently handle
transparency at all. Support for basic transparency (e.g.,
alpha-blended objects) is forthcoming.
- SVG file size: The SVG output is not currently optimized
- Text extraction issues: PDFtoSVG converts text to Unicode.
There are some cases (bad font encodings, etc.) where this is
impossible. Roughly speaking, if copy-and-paste from the PDF file in
Adobe Reader fails, then PDFtoSVG's text extraction will usually fail
- Complex content: Certain complex PDF constructs are not
included in PDFtoSVG's output (or are included, but incorrectly
- gradient shadings
- masked images (binary masks, color-keying, and soft masks)